One of my favorite stories…
This is why I love the Norse mythology Loki. He threw everyone’s bullshit back into their faces. While the other gods went on about how *perfect* they were, he was laughing in the back, watching, taking notes, and then revealing all their dirty secrets and evils at a banquet.
To me, he’s like a Norse Hades and he doesn’t get enough love.
- Last time North Carolina amended their constitution on marriage it was to ban interracial marriage.
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, produce 50% of the food, earn 10% of the income and own 1% of the property.
- It’s easier for Americans to access guns than mental health services.
- In Germany, police fired 85 bullets in all of 2011. In the US, police fired 90 shots at 1 unarmed man in Los Angeles.
- TLC’s “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” got higher ratings the same night as the GOP convention on every cable and broadcast network.
- These five people saved health care for 32 million Americans
- Weeks of PAID maternity leave: Chile (18), Germany (14), Ireland (22), Norway (44), Japan (14), Kenya (8), U.S. (ZERO).
- Hostess pays $1.75 million in executive bonuses after blaming unions for bankruptcy.
- Obamacare is a major tax cut for middle class families.
- A family of 3 would have to remain on welfare for 328 years to receive as much government assistance as Mitt Romney.
- Voting lines are so long in Ohio because the Republican Secretary of State drastically reduced hours.
- Texas GOP says schools shouldn’t teach “critical thinking skills” because they challenge “student’s fixed beliefs.”
wait, is there anything in the Bible about woman not lying with woman?
I’VE FOUND THE LOOPHOLE
AU Meme - The Avengers as a professional cheaters, liars, murderers and high society people.
One Million Moms, the conservative group which previously targeted JCPenney for hiring Ellen as their new spokesperson and Clorox for its “sexual” Liquid-Plumr ad, has extended its not-quite-one-million talons in the direction of Toys R Us, calling for a boycott of the chain over its stocking of an Archie comic featuring the same-sex marriage of character Kevin Keller.
The American Family Association-affiliated organization published the following statement on their website:
Unfortunately, children are now being exposed to same-sex marriage in a toy store. This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand. Issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, which is becoming extremely common and unnecessary.
Archie Comics CEO John Goldwater quickly issued a retort, saying, in part:
As I’ve said before, Riverdale is a safe, welcoming place that does not judge anyone. It’s an idealized version of America that will hopefully become reality someday. We’re sorry the American Family Association/OneMillionMoms.com feels so negatively about our product, but they have every right to their opinion, just like we have the right to stand by ours. Kevin Keller will forever be a part of Riverdale, and he will live a happy, long life free of prejudice, hate and narrow-minded people.
Toys R Us has yet to comment.
Loved Goldwater’s response. And also, I dream of the day that these kind of idiotic associations cease to exist.