would you mind explaining why you find klaine so unappealing? thanks (:
Ugh, there are many things. I think it’s, from a writer’s point of view, the worst written pairing in Glee. And dude, that’s a high standard to reach. But, even if it wasn’t for the oh so poorly scripted relationship, I think Blaine as a character is a very hypocritical and toxic person, and Kurt definitely deserves more. If at least Blaine was obviously mean and selfish, I probably wouldn’t hate the pairing so much (
have you even seen the things I ship?)
Sometime ago I reblogged a post about Blaine’s hypocrisy. It went something like this:
- Blaine tells Kurt to go to NYC, because Ohio is too little for him.
- Blaine blames Kurt for his infidelity, telling him it was his fault for not having stayed in Ohio.
- Blaine tells Kurt that, please, he don’t cheat on him (
when Kurt is only texting with another dude, which I do not approve of, but…)
- Blaine sleeps with another guy.
- Blaine is a completely douchebag about Kurt texting Chandler, and publicly humiliates him in song form.
- Blaine spends an undisclosed span of time texting and talking with Sebastian, who obviously wants to sleep with him, behind Kurt’s back.
- Blaine tells Kurt that he will wait because he wants Kurt to be comfortable with whatever they do.
- Blaine gets drunk and tries to force himself on Kurt after Scandals.
- Blaine tells Kurt he’s transferring schools as a challenge for himself and whatnot, not for Kurt.
- Blaine tells Kurt he transferred schools for him, that he “changed his whole life” for Kurt.
Also, from the writing point again, Blaine is constantly getting things that Kurt wants. Kurt is ambitious. Even if he’s a good person, you can only see your loved one get everything you've ever wanted again and again so many times before it starts hurting you. Blaine gets the attention, the respect. Blaine is treated as an equal both by boys and girls. Blaine gets the roles. The songs. The guys, even. By the time I stopped watching (at the end of s03), every single thing that Kurt had wanted had been given to Blaine. And not even in a healthy competition among two ambitious people. It was, over and over, Kurt working hard for something and Blaine getting it effortlessly.
I don’t know. I could keep going, I’m sure. The patriarchal presentation of the pairing is another thing that bothers me: I look for queer couples in media to avoid the classic, sexist power relationships portrayed in straight couples; but they repeat themselves in Klaine over and over again. I really couldn’t care any less for a pairing where the feminine guy is constantly put in a (patriarchal) woman's position, while the more “straight passing” one is in the man's.
I don’t know, man. The fanart is still cute, sometimes.
- I’m good at it; I think, and uh… I just… I enjoy it. You know? I like getting to know clients, I like finding out their secrets. Kind of, like, a… private detective? Or a priest. Ish. Just with, like, better underwear. And just loads and loads of sex.
- Is it really that simple?
- Well, I never said it was simple.
Madonna presenting her new puppy on Jean Paul Gaultier’s Spring 1995 runway. [x]
you know its nearly christmas when this starts creeping around your dash again
The girl holding that camera has a serious obligation to upload her photo/video for the rest of us.
Whoever you girl are! Please upload your pictures! I need those pictures !!!!!
FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEOS (never-ending list of...) → 49. ROCK DJ by Robbie Williams [x]
Single Released: 31 July, 2000
Album: Sing When You're Winning.
Writer/s: Robbie Williams, Kelvin Andrews, Guy Chambers,
Nelson Pigford, Ekundayo Paris.
"Babylon back in business
Can I get a witness?
Every girl, every man
Houston, do you hear me?
Ground control, can you feel me?
Need permission to land”
You’re fucking terrified. Just like the night you met me. I was sure you’d run back home. But you didn’t. You said, “I’m going with him.”